Sunday, June 12, 2005

Orange looks great on you...

The week before last I went to an information session on joining the State Emergency Service. You often see them on TV, helping out during some kind of crisis and I've always thought it would be really interesting to do something like that. It's all completely voluntary and I will receive lots of training in all sorts of things - from GPS navigation to chainsaw training! And we get all our equipment supplied, including those lovely fluoro orange outfits! Stunning!

My local unit is based at Morningside, so it's not too far to go for training each Monday night. Next weekend I'm going to the Emergency Services complex at Kedron for more intensive-style training. Everyone I've met so far has been really lovely - and the other "new recruits" all seem to be fun people.

Anyway, I'm still taking it all in. I'll see how I go!

1 comment:

Cath said...

What a worthwhile thing to do Jen! I'm proud to have friends like you : - )