Last night I caught up with some pals from my old work. We decided to get out of the city and meet at the RG (at the top of the Brunswick St Mall). So after a champers with my current work buddies at the Belgian Beer Garden my Tony Taxi Service picked me up and took me to Stage Two of Friday night drinks in the Valley.
It was great to catch up with Hue, Alex and Tammy. We just sat in the beer garden and chatted away. We were later joined by Alex's partner Andrew and then Tammy's partner Lucy and friends Shane and Angela.
After a few more jugs of beer (read: vodka for Jen) and divine pizza and wedges later, we all toddled off to the Beat.
I haven't been there for years, and I realised last night what I was missing. Where else do you get Spice Girls, the Grease soundtrack and all those dodgy 90s dance hits?!?! We had a ball doing our Saturday Night Live moves on the dancefloor. John Travolta - eat your heart out!
Half the crowd then ditched us for either home or Options at Spring Hill (not really my taste in venues). So it was up to Alex, Andrew and me to continue the party. I reckon we did a pretty good job before finally fading at midnight - but not before catching the infamous show girl performance. Man, he can dance better in high heels than me!!!
A great night had by all. Hopefully, we can catch up again soon!
Saturday, April 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment