
Last Saturday night, Tony and I decided to brave the line-up at Birdee Num Num's, the newest club in the Valley.
We'd heard a few conflicting things about this place - backpacker hangout, cool bar, young crowd, older crowd etc... - so we thought we'd go and make up our own minds (plus I'd been to the hairdressers and couldn't sit at home wasting it now, could I?!?!)
BIG MISTAKE!!! When we got there, the line-up was about 30 metres long! If it hadn't been for the fact that our friends Tero, Tracey, Andrew and Clint were already inside, we would have high-tailed it to somewhere like the Press Club.
The entire line-up was under 20 years old - all eagerly clutching their 18+ cards. After waiting 25 minutes we finally got to the door, where the girl asks both me AND Tony for ID. I couldn't help but laugh and say "he's almost 40, old enough to be your father!!!"
Inside was no better - after walking up three flights of stairs I thought the timber dance floor was going to collapse and be some horrific frontpage nightmare. The teenybopper girls looked like 16 year old sl*ts in their cheapclothes. And it was soooo over-crowded!! Eeeeewwwwwww!!!!
We lasted about 25 minutes. We had to make the line-up worthwhile.

No comments:
Post a Comment