Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Food, glorious food!

The Anzac weekend was a delicious and belly-satisfying mini-holiday.

Friday night kick-started it all when Hue and I enjoyed a fabulous progressive dinner. After grabbing a bottle of wine we began our tour at this fab little Italian place at the top of Kedron Brook Road. We shared bruschetta, vegie pizza and the most divine chorizo risotto. YUM! The next stop was the new Freestyle Tout at Emporium where we shared a saucy chocolate pudding and a coconut pudding with fresh blueberries, raspberries, icecream and sorbet. I was in heaven!

After polishing off my doggie bag for lunch on Saturday, I went home for dinner and had yummy roast beef with my Mum, Dad and my little niece Sharda (who was at Granma and Pa's for a "sleepover"). I then picked up Fi and we went to a 21st at the Normanby where we scoffed caramel mud birthday cake. Oh twist my arm! After dropping Fi at home, I picked Tony up from the airport - he caught the late-night flight from Cairns.

On Sunday we decided to have a bit of an impromptu BBQ with some of our friends (Note to Fiona - a BBQ "this afternoon" means TODAY not tomorrow! Blondie!!!) Our house was kid central with Tracey (thanks for the delicious strawberry champers!) and her boy Taylor; Darren and his girls - Madison and Megan; Shay, Tracey and baby Madison; plus our good friends Mattie (another big kid) and Scottie. Tony cooked up an awesome feast and I must say that my potato bake was sensational.

After a slow start on Monday morning, Mattie and I decided to hit Bunnings for a bit of window shopping. Lo and behold the damn place was closed!! So instead, we celebrated Anzac day with more food - surprise, surprise! We enjoyed a late lunch at wagamama's, this fascinating Japanese-style food house. We had so much food we had to doggie-bag our leftovers!

I wound up my intestinally-challenging weekend with good ol' fashioned take away Dominos pizza before heading over to Fi's place for trashy TV and chocolate.

Bon apetit!

2 comments:

Cath said...

Ha ha Jen! Nothing has changed since highschool. You still love your food!!

Anonymous said...

Pig...where do you put it? Love ya...MIC